Equipment Planner (m/f/d)
Tuscaloosa | Charleston (SC)
Create the companies of tomorrow with us! To further expand our project teams in Greenville (SC), Tuscaloosa (AL) and Columbia (SC) we are looking for qualified support!
- Supports the development of specifications for all equipment changes which will be required. Coordinate the review of all bids and assist in project management until final buyoff.
- Support the implementation of equipment and tooling projects.
- Organize and participate in equipment buy offs, coordinate meetings with the required personnel. Review punch list, perform buy-offs and coordinator procedures from each milestone.
- Maintain a comprehensive expertise and overview of all assigned equipment, coordinate vendor throughout the launch process and ensure buyoff procedure and launch readiness
- Coordinate installation process of equipment. Provide root-cause, analysis, develop or assist with short and long term countermeasures sketches and design proposals for new tooling/equipment or modifications as an input for subsequence fabrication of tooling/equipment
- Support to organize tools/equipment and fixtures in conjunction with external and internal service providers, such as maintenance, process engineering, tool shops, etc.
- Coordinate and conduct buy-offs at vendors
- Provide implementation timing and budget and equipment status
- Prepare and participate in product review trials when necessary. Support Production on the shop floor to verify equipment readiness status and monitors any build concerns during Null Series, Production Trials, Launch and Change implementation
- Support off shift trials when launching new equipment
- Review and Oversee Weekend work, unscheduled work and ensure safety, function and reliability of workers or team members getting introduced to new equipment or assist devices
- Create and maintain a tooling and equipment overview and database
- Prepare information for equipment/tooling and present status in meetings
- Create and update scorecards and status reports
- Organize internal and external meetings to clarify definition of problems and report findings
- Organize and execute machine and process capability measurements and tests
- Follow and ensure all affected rules, policies and laws concerning safety and security
- Describe lessons learned.
- Act in the capacity of technical trainer for targeted audiences.
- Bachelors degree in: Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of three years or relevant professional experience in the following areas:
Professional experience in an engineering-oriented environment with a manufacturing setting, with strong emphasis on equipment and tooling projects, project management, and strong hands-on capabilities.
- Machine shop experience and proficiency
- Advanced English language proficiency, German Language preferred
- Clearly communicate technical information verbally and in writing
- Drafting skills, Out-of-the box thinking
- Assignment requires substantial international and domestic travel
- Weekend and holiday work on site as needed
- Flexibility to support management needs and demands
- Knowledge in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Widespread understanding of how machines are integrated into a manufacturing system
- Project Management - cost/budget, timeline management, risk management
- Problem solving
- Understanding of automation equipment (robots, conveyors, etc)
- Understanding of automotive HV systems
- Knowledge in applications such as: Engineering Client, DIALOG, RPlan, SAP, ECM, SWAN, SAP, CAD Drafting skills
- Project coordination and self-initiative
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information, both verbally and in writing.
- Work experience in equipment and tooling related issues
- Experience in project management and in leading problem-solving groups
- A modern, team-oriented working environment with many opportunities for personal development and further training on the job.
- Due to the worldwide presence of our customers, you have the chance to gain knowledge and experience in international projects.
Application form is loading ...